YoP 10 - Week 4
Again, no F.O.s to show this week (I failed miserably at completing the second sock, and I blame it all on Steve and the bike, we spent an amazing and relaxing holiday week driving around the countryside, looking for Lost Places, taking lots of photos and just enjoying each other's company), but yet another WIP, though one that is just a tad different from my usual crafty routine. Without further ado, here's a photo (please click to enlarge):
When we started renovating the living-room, I decided not to mount any kind of shelf above my computer desk so I would have an empty space for some kind of photo wall. I started looking for black frames but none of the affordable ones were quite what I had been looking for. Many visits to Pinterest later, I found these bulldog pins, and that was that. They come in a variety of colours and sizes but since I wanted to hang just smaller prints, I decided on small pins (about 2 cm wide). After all, the focus should be on the photos, not the pins. And of course they had to be black to match the overall design of the room.
Today, I started printing some of my favourite photos on 10 x 15 cm photo cards, and pinned them to the wall with regular pins. I thought about using thin black nails first but they would leave bigger holes in the walls, and since I want to be able to remove and rearrange my photos as the whimsy hits me without turning my wall into a swiss cheese, I believe pins will be the better solution in the long run. I'll try to get shorter ones with black heads, though.
I only printed five photos today because I didn't want to rush in and end up with photos that I like but that don't really mean much to me. I still have to take my very best and my very favouritest photo anyway, so I'll just enjoy the wait and add more to my photo wall whenever I feel a photo really stands out (to me, at least).
By the way - for those of you interested in seeing my curtains, you'll get a glimpse of one today, plus a slightly out of focus shot of my dear Tradescanthia Zebrina plant hanging above the desk (because I can't imagine a room without at least one tiny plant).
And that's all for today. Here are my updated lists:
Works in Progress:
- 30 Years Blanket - crochet - started 22nd December, 2019
- Simple Rag Quilt - sewing - started 31st March, 2020
- Fox Paws - knitting - started 25th April, 2020
- Sockyarn Habitation Throw - knitting - started 25th June, 2020
- Vanillas - knitting - started ???
- Stripes and Squares Blanket - knitting - started 16th July, 2020
- Photo Wall - photography - started 26th July, 2020
- Pembroke Scarf 1 - knitting - (started 28th June, 2020 - finished 11th July, 2020)
- Pembroke Scarf 2 - knitting - (started 6th July, 2020 - finished 11th July, 2020)
- Living-room curtains - sewing - (started ??? - finished 11th July, 2020)
If you'd like to see more Year of Projects posts, or join in the fun, please come over to our Ravelry group.